Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jinsejoseph
Level III

While changing the data type to numeric column data changed from 00000 to 0,

Hi Team,

Need help to avoid the round off, 
like when changed from character to numeric column value changed from 0000 to 0 
please suggest some solution ,

i need the same entire string for analysis

2 REPLIES 2

Re: While changing the data type to numeric column data changed from 00000 to 0,

Zero is represented numerically as 0, so JMP is correct. If you want to format (display) zero differently, then change the Format attribute of the data column.

I do not find such a format, so you will have to make one. See the JMP Help section about custom formats.

dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: While changing the data type to numeric column data changed from 00000 to 0,

I don't really understand why you would want to change the column to numeric but retain a code of 0000 rather than 0.  Presumably, 0000 means something other than 0, such as missing data, not applicable, etc.  I would think that it would be better to create a new nominal variable indicating whether or not that code (and what it represents) is present, and then recode the original column so that 0000 becomes missing rather than 0.  If I am not understanding what the data represents, then perhaps you don't really want it to be continuous data at all.