cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Lisa
Level I

Where is the binomial reliability calculation hiding?

I'm doing a binary test (pass/fail) and the number of acceptable failures depends on the sample size and acceptance/confidence limits. It's a binomial reliability calculation. I can find reliability lifetimes but no basic sample size calculator that takes failures into account. MiniTab has it clearly available, and I found very simple online calculators, but I need to document the calculations in JMP. Where is it? I'm not opposed to scripts, but this seems like something that should be readily available.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where is the binomial reliability calculation hiding?

DOE > Sample Size and Power through JMP 12. DOE > Design Diagnostics > Sample Size and Power in JMP 13.

Lisa
Level I

Thanks, but I've looked through here already. I don't see any options for evaluating reliability with binary outcomes when failures are possible. I see how to do time to failure testing, but that's different than having no time variable. I still don't see anything relevant.

Propotion Sample Size.jpeg

Help > Books > Design of Experiments Guide. There is an entire chapter about the sample size and power calculators.