cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Lisa
Level I

Where is the binomial reliability calculation hiding?

I'm doing a binary test (pass/fail) and the number of acceptable failures depends on the sample size and acceptance/confidence limits. It's a binomial reliability calculation. I can find reliability lifetimes but no basic sample size calculator that takes failures into account. MiniTab has it clearly available, and I found very simple online calculators, but I need to document the calculations in JMP. Where is it? I'm not opposed to scripts, but this seems like something that should be readily available.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where is the binomial reliability calculation hiding?

DOE > Sample Size and Power through JMP 12. DOE > Design Diagnostics > Sample Size and Power in JMP 13.

Lisa
Level I

Thanks, but I've looked through here already. I don't see any options for evaluating reliability with binary outcomes when failures are possible. I see how to do time to failure testing, but that's different than having no time variable. I still don't see anything relevant.

Propotion Sample Size.jpeg

Help > Books > Design of Experiments Guide. There is an entire chapter about the sample size and power calculators.