cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mattpace0
Level II

Where did the variability chart toolbar item go and how to get it back please?

JMP 14, the variability chart button is gone from the analyze toolbar. (why do you have to change things)   How to get it back please?

I have tried cutomize toolbars, but there are no option to add anything, just empty

10 REPLIES 10
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Where did the variability chart toolbar item go and how to get it back please?

Analyze > Quality and Process > Variability / Attribute Gauge Chart
-- Cameron Willden
mattpace0
Level II

Re: Where did the variability chart toolbar item go and how to get it back please?

I'm sorry, the button is gone from the toolbar.  It used to take one click, not it takes 3

txnelson
Super User

Please go to the JMP Wish List, and specify your opinion to change it back to the old structure.

And also, you can go to
View==>Customize==>Menus and Toolbars

and then go down to the place where the Variability/Attribute Chart is located, copy the entry, and the go back to the location on the Analyze menu, and insert it into the Analyze main menu. And you will be right back to where you were in JMP 13
Jim
mattpace0
Level II

Thank you for being willing to help.

@txnelson wrote:
Please go to the JMP Wish List, and specify your opinion to change it back to the old structure.

And also, you can go to
View==>Customize==>Menus and Toolbars

and then go down to the place where the Variability/Attribute Chart is located, copy the entry, and the go back to the location on the Analyze menu, and insert it into the Analyze main menu. And you will be right back to where you were in JMP 13

Am I missing something please?

I can't even figure out how to get it back the way it was.

JMP.JPG

txnelson
Super User

The customizing Menus and Toolbars is fully documented in the "Using JMP" book

Help==>Books==>Using JMP

You can always go to 

File==>Preferences

and click on "Reset to Defaults" to go back to factory defaults

Jim

Here is an image of the JMP Menu Editor where I added a button for calling the Variability Chart platform.  Instructions for adding a toolbar button can be found in the Personalize Toolbars and Menus on Windows section of Using JMP (Help > Books > Using JMP).

Variability Chart Toolbar.PNG

Hope that helps!

Wendy
mattpace0
Level II

Thank you, I was able to do it.  But, that is painful, 

@Wendy_Murphrey wrote:

Here is an image of the JMP Menu Editor where I added a button for calling the Variability Chart platform.  Instructions for adding a toolbar button can be found in the Personalize Toolbars and Menus on Windows section of Using JMP (Help > Books > Using JMP).

Variability Chart Toolbar.PNG

Hope that helps!

Hi @Wendy_Murphrey, Your screenshot was super helpful! I didn't even need to go the to help files (books), just replicated what you did here. Thanks for including the image with the annotations. Cheers, @PatrickGiuliano
Wen
Wen
Level I

1. Insert before or after (Figure Step 1)
  2. Type to Insert: command
  3. Select ANALYZE: QUALITY AND PROCESS: VARIABILITY (Figure Step 2)
  4. Save