cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mpatpc
Level I

What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

I ran the fit group analysis.

I am looking at the fixed effect test report and I wanted to know if the yellow prob > F values show a positive correlation  meaning the higher the value the more positive the effect and the red prob >F values indicate a negative correlation meaning the lower the value the better the result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

Hi mpatpc,

The coloring on p-values, conditional formatting as it's called in JMP, is based on how small the p-value is. By default, P-values are colored red if they are between 0.01 and 0.05, and p-values are colored yellow if they are less than 0.01.

For platforms that support correlation (such as Analyze > Multivariate) conditional formatting is applied to values on the basis of the degree and direction of correlation.

7308_Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.48.27 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

Hi mpatpc,

The coloring on p-values, conditional formatting as it's called in JMP, is based on how small the p-value is. By default, P-values are colored red if they are between 0.01 and 0.05, and p-values are colored yellow if they are less than 0.01.

For platforms that support correlation (such as Analyze > Multivariate) conditional formatting is applied to values on the basis of the degree and direction of correlation.

7308_Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.48.27 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian