cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neuroad
Level I

What are the Profile Formulas I get from the Neural Network model trained by K-fold xvalidation?

Dear community,

I trained my neural network model (Analyze => Predictive Modeling => Neural) using K-fold xvalidation, so there were K sets of model parameters generated in the training process. When I choose to Save Profile Formulas (as shown in figure below), Which set of parameters is reported to me? Is it one out of those K sets? Or some kind of average / combination of those K sets? Please advise. Thanks very much!

nn_profile_formulas.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What are the Profile Formulas I get from the Neural Network model trained by K-fold xvalidation?

I selected the Help > Predictive and Specialized Modeling > Neural Networks > Launch the Neural Platform > Validation Method. It says:

"Divides the original data into K subsets. In turn, each of the K sets is used to validate the model fit on the rest of the data, fitting a total of K models. The model giving the best validation statistic is chosen as the final model."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What are the Profile Formulas I get from the Neural Network model trained by K-fold xvalidation?

I selected the Help > Predictive and Specialized Modeling > Neural Networks > Launch the Neural Platform > Validation Method. It says:

"Divides the original data into K subsets. In turn, each of the K sets is used to validate the model fit on the rest of the data, fitting a total of K models. The model giving the best validation statistic is chosen as the final model."

Neuroad
Level I

Thank you so much Mark!
Felt sorry that I missed the statement when skimming over the manual very quickly...