cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
darkzero901
Level I

Violin plot with gradient

Hello all,

I have a continuous variable that I would like to display where the more frequent entries cause the plot to be wider and have a gradient of colors from the min-max of the data range. I can create a scatter point plot that is CLOSE to what I want (not sure why the gradient colors are faded). To get there, I drag the variable to the Y axis and then also drag that same variable to the "Color" area on the right.

darkzero901_0-1597510942986.png

But as soon as I click the contour/violin plot, the gradient colors are lost and here is what I'm left with:

darkzero901_1-1597511158848.png

I can't figure out how to regain the gradient color when in that mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, how can I created a float line to depict the median value of the data series? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Violin plot with gradient

There is not a gradient option with violin. I like the idea, and you should put it in to the JMP Wish list
Jim
darkzero901
Level I

Re: Violin plot with gradient

Thanks for the reply!