cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
darkzero901
Level I

Violin plot with gradient

Hello all,

I have a continuous variable that I would like to display where the more frequent entries cause the plot to be wider and have a gradient of colors from the min-max of the data range. I can create a scatter point plot that is CLOSE to what I want (not sure why the gradient colors are faded). To get there, I drag the variable to the Y axis and then also drag that same variable to the "Color" area on the right.

darkzero901_0-1597510942986.png

But as soon as I click the contour/violin plot, the gradient colors are lost and here is what I'm left with:

darkzero901_1-1597511158848.png

I can't figure out how to regain the gradient color when in that mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, how can I created a float line to depict the median value of the data series? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Violin plot with gradient

There is not a gradient option with violin. I like the idea, and you should put it in to the JMP Wish list
Jim
darkzero901
Level I

Re: Violin plot with gradient

Thanks for the reply!