Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Julianveda
Level III

Variable names missing in parallel plots

Hi Community,

I have a question about parallel plots. When I use a lot of variables, the plot only shows me the names of some of them. In the graph here below, obtained from a hierarchical clustering (the situation is the same in the graph builder), you see that only some names are present (sorry I cannot show the complete names for confidential reasons).  Is there any way I can make JMP show all thevariable names ?

Julianveda_0-1689150909254.png

Regards,

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Variable names missing in parallel plots

Try going to the Axis Settings for the X axis and changing the Label Orientation to see if that will allow for more of the tick marks to have labels. Also, check to make sure the Increment is set to 1.

txnelson_0-1689492005804.png

txnelson_1-1689492048743.png

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MRB3855
Super User

Hi @Julianveda : I've had this issue with a few platforms, and it is a matter of space; there is not enough room to show all the variable names in a way that is readable. My way to resolve it was to reduce the font-size and make the labels vertical (right-click on axis to see these kinds of options).  

Julianveda
Level III

Thank you @MRB3855 for your answer. I tried this in hierarchical clustering platform but unfortunately, it did not work

txnelson
Super User

Try going to the Axis Settings for the X axis and changing the Label Orientation to see if that will allow for more of the tick marks to have labels. Also, check to make sure the Increment is set to 1.

txnelson_0-1689492005804.png

txnelson_1-1689492048743.png

Jim
Julianveda
Level III

Thank you @txnelson, The advice about the increment did the work