cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shaun
Level I

Variability Charts - rotating text in the x-axis grouping?

For the variability chart graphic, the x-axis groupings have previously been capable of 90 degree rotation to make the text vertical.  I have tried scripting it in and just right clicking the box and checking rotate text.  The text now just shifts slightly instead of rotating.  My scripts I have been using for a couple years no longer do this and I can't even get it to rotate when creating a test chart from a test data table from scratch. 

I was running 9.0.2 and after trying all of the above and searching here I noticed 9.0.3 was out so updated but that didn't seem to fix it.

I have attached the test data table and saved script for the chart to the table.  Any ideas on how to get this text rotated?  thanks...

SP

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Variability Charts - rotating text in the x-axis grouping?

I tried rotating the group labels in tha var chart that your attached file produced. It worked fine. Both manually and by the jsl code below. I am using JMP 9.03 for Mac. I include a picture so you can tell if I have understood the problem correctly.

vc = Variability Chart(

Y( :Y data ),

X( :X Group 1, :X Group 2 ),

Analysis Type( Name( "Choose best analysis (EMS REML Bayesian)" ) ),

Process Variation( 0 ),

Std Dev Chart( 0 )

);

Report( vc )[nomaxisbox( 1 )] << rotated tick labels( 1 );

1403_varchart.png

shaun
Level I

Thanks for checking MS,

Exactly what I am trying to do but those same methods aren't rotating the text for me - they just shift the text slightly. They used to rotate the text just fine.   Didn't mention it in the original post but the Y-axis label has the same issue - displayed horizontal and not vertical like your image above.

Maybe bug in windows version or conflict with something I am running (not sure what that would be), kinda grasping at straws now....

shaun
Level I

So it turns out that a colleague that is running same version/computer/etc... as me can rotate the text as well.  He can even journal a file and show it as rotated, email me that file, and it shows un-rotated.

This seems to be a problem with how the report is displayed for me only - any ideas are appreciated...

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Have you changed any fonts in the preferences or any other that options may interfere? Try "reset to default". Old or odd Java VM installed? Just wild-guessing here.

Hopefully a reinstall of JMP would fix it, as a last resort.