Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dennisbur
Level IV

Variability Chart.

Hello

I have a table, and I need to do Variability Chart.

For the Variability graph, I need 2 parameters: Y numeric and X characters.

The problem starts I have just numeric columns and but I would like to use the name of the column for X grouping.

So my strange question is, how I can use the numeric data of the column in and the name of the column as X grouping?

Dennisbur_2-1678634507140.png

Dennisbur_0-1678634340237.png

4 REPLIES 4
statman
Super User

Re: Variability Chart.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question.  What version of JMP and what OS? It also helps to attach your data table, if possible. What do you want the Chart to look like?  What plots are you trying to display? What relationships are you interested in plotting? You say you only have 2 Parameters, but in your picture you show multiple Y's? Perhaps using Graph Builder is a better option for you.  You can drag and drop Y's and X's quite easily.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.0/?os=mac&source=application#page/jmp/graph-builder.shtml#

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Dennisbur
Level IV

Hello

I have JMP 16

I have found a solution, but I don't like it

for example, I have added a fictive column and called it Pin Group
and when I do Variability Chart.

Dennisbur_0-1678638487019.png

The problem is instead of name of PIN Group as VMAX_IDD_VCORE I have just generic name

Dennisbur_1-1678638543256.png

I am not certain, but I THINK that you have your data structured incorrectly. Fortunately, it should be easy to change it into the right format.

Remember that all statistical software thinks in terms of variables and observations. I think you have two variables: Pin Group and VMAX. Currently you have many different columns of VMAX. So, use Tables > Stack. Specify your VMAX columns as the columns to be stacked. You can specify the name of the stacked column to be VMAX. The Source Label Column could be called Pin Group.

Now you have a table with two columns. Create your variability chart with VMAX as the Y and Pin Group as the X. It should give you the plot you are looking for. If not, you will certainly need to provide more detail of what you are trying to do, as @statman pointed out.

Dan Obermiller
ColleenRose
Level I

Thank for the info, I will keep it in my mind.

I am looking for the information online on a variability chart and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. I also found https://www.charlottestories.com/how-much-can-you-earn-on-essays-for-money-services/ website where I found out how to make money writing essays assignments. I love writing essay assignments and that is why I took interest in that article.