cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mallen810
Level III

Variability Chart Naming

I have brought in some data from an sql table and made a variability graph which I would like to change the name using a script to change name based on the product name in the column. I have looked through the message boards and have not been able to find one. I will attach a copy of the data and graph. Per the data table I would like to name the chart to "Quarter" from the size column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Variability Chart Naming

Hello Mallen810,

There is an alternative to your scripting request in that you can double click on the header "Variability Gauge" and change the name there to "Quarter".  You can then save that script to the data table and you can then modify the script to fit whatever title you need for the variability chart output.  That script can also be copied to any data table. 

Capture3.JPG

One other thing, I could not get your PowerPoint slide to open properly so, hopefully this is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Mallen810,

There is an alternative to your scripting request in that you can double click on the header "Variability Gauge" and change the name there to "Quarter".  You can then save that script to the data table and you can then modify the script to fit whatever title you need for the variability chart output.  That script can also be copied to any data table. 

Capture3.JPG

One other thing, I could not get your PowerPoint slide to open properly so, hopefully this is what you are looking for.

mallen810
Level III

Thanks for the quick response. That will work for what I am trying to do. I just have to remember to change the name each time I run the query.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

After changing the title as @Bill_Worley suggested you can save the script to the script window and see how to do the same thing through JSL.

JMPScreenSnapz165.png

Variability Chart(
	Y( :height ),
	X( :age ),
	Max Iter( 100 ),
	Conv Limit( 0.00000001 ),
	Number Integration Abscissas( 128 ),
	Number Function Evals( 65536 ),
	Analysis Type( "Choose best analysis (EMS REML Bayesian)" ),
	Std Dev Chart( 0 ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch( {}, "Variability Gauge", OutlineBox, {Set Title( "Quarter" )} )
	)
);
-Jeff