Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BJK_JerseyBoy
Level III

Utilizing contour map to set up the constraints for Augment Design

Hi community,

I am working on a formulation work. I got initial 3 by 3 Design as below with replicates.

BJK_JerseyBoy_0-1712066335145.png

Then I got decet predictive model.

BJK_JerseyBoy_1-1712066400079.png

Below is the controur plot with raw data vs plot predicted by the model. They look alike except the region where there is no data points (white space),

BJK_JerseyBoy_2-1712066461168.pngBJK_JerseyBoy_3-1712066493814.png

Now I want to optimize this formulation by further looking into the high performing formulation (both upper left and middle).

Upper left can be easily zoomed in through linear constraints. However I am not sure what I should do to look into "hot red" region in the middle. Does anybody know easy way to apply constraints on this region?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Utilizing contour map to set up the constraints for Augment Design

Quick question:  If this is a formulation, shouldn't you be running Mixture Designs?

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/?os=mac&source=application#page/jmp/mixture-designs.shtml

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
BJK_JerseyBoy
Level III

Re: Utilizing contour map to set up the constraints for Augment Design

Hi @statman 

That is a reasonable question to ask. Based on our prior knowledge in this formulation, we know that the ratio of two excipients (factor1) and the total concentration (factor2) are the two critical factors that affect the readout.

I admit, though, the composition (or relative amount) will change as well by changing those two parameters.