Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
saneal
Level III

Upload Spec Limits to columns by matching DeviceID

Hello,

I am looking to add USL and LSL lines to many of the graphs I have created in JMP. I think the easiest way to do this would be adding spec limits to my table. I have a SpecLimit table for the parameters I am interested in - but the specs change for each DeviceID and the table contains all of the specs for multiple DeviceIDs. Is there anyway to upload Spec Limits to my columns by matching DeviceID? *and implement it programmatically?

A similar question was asked here, and it seems this may not be feasible in JMP; but it has also been a while and curious if this feature has been added in JMP.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/ADDING-SPEC-LIMITS-BASED-ON-A-CONDITION/m-p/226959

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upload Spec Limits to columns by matching DeviceID

Here is a blog post that discusses how to use spec limits that differ based on a grouping column.

Process specification limits that differ based on a grouping column - JMP User Community

Perhaps this will work for your scenario.  It's hard to tell without knowing your data formats and what platforms you are trying to use.

The spec limit column property applies to the entire column.  You can't have varying spec limits for a column based on the values in another column.

View solution in original post

saneal
Level III

Hi Tonya,

That post was really helpful thank you! But yes, unfortunately it looks like I am not going to be able to do the multiple spec limits per column like I had hoped. I guess that would be something to suggest to JMP for the future! 

Regardless, I appreciate the help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Here is a blog post that discusses how to use spec limits that differ based on a grouping column.

Process specification limits that differ based on a grouping column - JMP User Community

Perhaps this will work for your scenario.  It's hard to tell without knowing your data formats and what platforms you are trying to use.

The spec limit column property applies to the entire column.  You can't have varying spec limits for a column based on the values in another column.

saneal
Level III

Hi Tonya,

That post was really helpful thank you! But yes, unfortunately it looks like I am not going to be able to do the multiple spec limits per column like I had hoped. I guess that would be something to suggest to JMP for the future! 

Regardless, I appreciate the help!