Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PS
PS
Level III

Updating column values in JSL

Hi,

I have a data table consisting of coordinates X, Y and a column named Bin.

I would like to keep the initial columns and transform those to new columns with coordinates called Xn and Yn.

Then I have a window with a button box that calls a function that mirrors the Y-coordinates. When I push the button, the command works, but just for a split second, before the coordinates are turned back to their initial values. I just see a short flash with the reversed sign.

Can you help me out?

Thanks for your help

dt = Current Data Table();
Try(dt << Delete column (:Xn)); //deletes existing Xn and Yn in case script is run several times
Try(dt << Delete column (:Yn));
dt << New Column ("Xn", Numeric, Continuous, Formula(:X));
dt << New Column ("Yn", Numeric, Continuous, Formula(:Y));

New Window("DS Map Alignment",
	Button Box ("Mirror Y Axis",
		MirrorFunction)
);

MirrorFunction = Function({},
	NewX = :Xn << Get Values();
	NewY = :Yn << Get Values();
	dt:Xn << Set Values (NewX);
	dt:Yn << Set Values (-NewY); //This is where I mirror the Y coordinates
);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PS
PS
Level III

Re: Updating column values in JSL

Alright... one again I realize what I had done seconds after I post. The columns Xn and Yn are defined via a formula in rows 4 and 5. This formula overrides the "set values" command.

If I do not use Formula(:X), but  << get values and << set values instead, it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PS
PS
Level III

Re: Updating column values in JSL

Alright... one again I realize what I had done seconds after I post. The columns Xn and Yn are defined via a formula in rows 4 and 5. This formula overrides the "set values" command.

If I do not use Formula(:X), but  << get values and << set values instead, it works.