Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ohad_s
Level III

Update jmp software

hi,

we recently purchased license for jmp 16.

we have jmp 15 installed on our computer.

when I try to use the license I get the following error message:

Ohad_s_0-1687160407403.png

how can I update to jmp 16 or use the license on jmp 15?

4 REPLIES 4
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Update jmp software

Hi @Ohad_s,

Is the SAS Software Depot for JMP 16 located in your C:// hard drive from your PC ?

The license file is a text file located in the SAS Software Depot in this folder : C:\SAS Software Depot\sid_files

Have you completely installed JMP 16 "from scratch" ? You can't directly (only with a license file) switch from JMP 15 to JMP 16, you need to install JMP 16 thanks to the SAS Software Depot you obtained for JMP 16 (to be downloaded, see your site admin who must have received the mail with all instructions). Just to mention, the current JMP version is 17.1.0.

From the informations you mentioned, there may be two other possibilities (if you have installed JMP 16 and using the right txt file):

• Did you run JMP in admin mode to renew the license ? I remember having struggled to renew the license myself when opening JMP in default/normal mode, but the admin mode worked perfectly to solve this problem.
  • Have you checked that you use the correct license file (see informations above) ? If yes, you may contact technical support for further guidance/advices : support@jmp.com  

I hope this first answer will help you a little more,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
Ohad_s
Level III

hi,

i have jmp 15.1 installed.

the license is at the C:\SAS Software Depot\sid_files folder.

however, the license is for jmp 16.

I do not have installation file for jmp 16.

i wanted to know what are my options, do I have to upgrade? and if so how I get the installation file

txnelson
Super User

A JMP 16 license can only be applied to an installed copy of JMP.  You will need to upgrade your software in order to use the licese you have.

Jim
Victor_G
Super User

As @txnelson mentioned, the license file should be for the same version as the installation you have.

I would recommend to get in contact with your site administrator (if someone in your company manage the license distribution and installation of JMP Software Depot), or get infos from the JMP people you are in contact with (technical support/sales).

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics