cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Update a table from a database ?

Hi everybody,

I have a table with formulas and I want to update it with values from a database.

When I run " Update from a DB", I have a new table with the values from my database but I don't have formulas.

I don't underdand how this update works.

Is someone could help me please ?

Thank you !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Update a table from a database ?

Hello Jean-Marc,

Update table will generate a new table if the number of columns has changed between the source table with the update table script, and the table in the database. In your case, because you have created formula columns this will be flagged as a difference, and a new table will be generated.

Because of feedback like this, JMP 12.1 and beyond will update the table in place IF the only difference are formula columns, and IF those formula columns are all at the end (rightmost) in the column list.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Jean-Marc,

Update table will generate a new table if the number of columns has changed between the source table with the update table script, and the table in the database. In your case, because you have created formula columns this will be flagged as a difference, and a new table will be generated.

Because of feedback like this, JMP 12.1 and beyond will update the table in place IF the only difference are formula columns, and IF those formula columns are all at the end (rightmost) in the column list.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Thank tou for your answer.

So, How Can I do with JMP 11 ?

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done in V11.  You will get a new window for the table.  You could join the two tables afterward, or use a JSL script to add the formula columns into the new table.

Brian

Thank you for your answer