cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Lisa_
Level I

Unhelpful Error, Unable to open .jmpprj file - why?

I'm using JMP 13. When I try to open a Project file (.jmpprj) that a colleague made I just get the unhelpful error, "Unable to Open: XXX". OK. Why? What do I do? The documentation I've found say nothing about troubleshooting. They just assume everything works perfectly all the time. It doesn't. Is it hard coding links that cause it to fail when it can't find? I have all the files that were used to create the project in the same directory with the project file.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Unhelpful Error, Unable to open .jmpprj file - why?

I'm sorry you've run into difficulty. I know that's frustrating. It's best to take this problem to our Tech Support department: support@jmp.com

They'll be able to help figure out what is going wrong in trying to open that particular project file.

-Jeff
Lisa_
Level I

OK. I did. In the 3-4 days (with the weekend!) it takes for them to reply maybe someone else has struggled with this and can help.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm glad you've contacted support.

In the meantime I wonder what version of JMP your colleague created the project with. You said you were running JMP 13 is your colleague running JMP 13 or something else? JMP 14 projects cannot be opened by JMP 13.

-Jeff