cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Nicolasrules
Level I

Unable To Install The Software On Windows 10

Friends, good afternoon. I hope you are doing well. I'm posting this today in response to a request. When I try to install " JMP" on my Windows 10 PC, I get an error notice that says "error opening file for writing." Even when I put in my best effort to install it, the problem persists. Is there anyone who can assist me in resolving this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Unable To Install The Software On Windows 10

Tech support is probably your best choice, email or phone, support link at bottom of page.

Craige
andersonmj2
Level IV

Agree with Craig about contacting support on this.

One of the key things I have found is you need to pay attention to your rights on the drives containing files - including the executable for installing JMP.  This also applies to executing scripts, but depending on how permissions are set where your install file is located you might not be able to launch it.

Nicolasrules
Level I

Thank you for responding, as well as for the recommendations. You are correct. I ran a Google search last night after submitting this problem and found some solutions [example here] for this issue. The majority of them are similar to the ones you described. After altering the application's security authorization, the problem is resolved. Thank you once again for sharing your ideas.