cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
billi
Level V

Type 1 and 2 error in a design

Is there any calculation to understand and reduce Type I and II errors in a design? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Type 1 and 2 error in a design

If you mean to ask how to set alpha for the power analysis to your desired value, the box in the Power Analysis outline is editable.

The Full Factorial Design platform does not provide the Design Evaluation outline. In your case, click Make Table, then click the green triangle next to Evaluate Design table script. You will find the Power Analysis outline there.

If you are evaluating several candidate designs, proceed to make the data table for each one and then select DOE > Design Diagnostics > Compare Designs. This analysis platform provides a side-by-side comparison of the candidates, including their power.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I assume that by "design" you are referring to one of the JMP design platforms such as Custom Design. These platforms provide Power Analysis outline within the Design Evaluation outline. You have to click Make Design first before evaluating it.

You might find this related discussion helpful. But please return if you still have more questions!

billi
Level V

@Mark_Bailey Yes, I am working with full factorial design. Just one more question, alpha is set to 0.05 by default or do I need to set it by going into preferences?

If you mean to ask how to set alpha for the power analysis to your desired value, the box in the Power Analysis outline is editable.

The Full Factorial Design platform does not provide the Design Evaluation outline. In your case, click Make Table, then click the green triangle next to Evaluate Design table script. You will find the Power Analysis outline there.

If you are evaluating several candidate designs, proceed to make the data table for each one and then select DOE > Design Diagnostics > Compare Designs. This analysis platform provides a side-by-side comparison of the candidates, including their power.

billi
Level V

@Mark_Bailey Thank you this helps.