cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hogi
Level XI

Total Recall - or Back to the Future? how to travel further into the past

The Recall buttons in the GUIs of the standard platforms are great.

Such a help to work efficiently!

Sometimes, I have to toggle between two settings or need to redo a step that I did some while ago.

Are the settings stored in a list and is there an alternative way besides just clicking on the button (Shift, Ctrl, right Click?) to access entries N-1 and below?

I tried some alternatives, but all behaved like a standard click

6 REPLIES 6
mark_anawis
Level IV

Re: Total Recall - or Back to the Future? how to travel further into the past

Hogi,

If you have JMP 16 or 17, you can look at the Enhanced Log (View >> Log) and view each of your steps in time sequence. Right-click on a step and select 'Run Scripts' and it will execute that step provided that all the variables still exist. 

hogi
Level XI

@mark_anawis thank you for this great suggestion.

But often I want to start from a previous setting and change something - not just rerun with the old setting.

mark_anawis
Level IV

You can use File >> Save Session Script to save all the steps in your current session as a .jsl file. Open this .jsl file in JMP and modify any steps you want. Obviously, this strategy requires knowledge of the JMP Scripting language.

hogi
Level XI

I just posted a wish to enhance the functionality of Recall in the standard platforms by a history:
Recall: add a history functionality 

hogi
Level XI

Is there a possibility to open the GUI of a Table Operation (summary, Update etc ...) with one of the the last N settings?
i.e. not execute the action immediately, but open the gui, fill the entries with the last settings [as if the user clicked on  Recall] and let the user edit the settings before executing?

hogi
Level XI

feedback from Jmp support:

open the GUI of a Table Operation (summary, Update etc ...) with the last settings?
-> not possible

JMP support wrote:

For other platforms, most, if not all, have a red triangle menu option to relaunch the analysis.  So, you can save the script from the log, run it to perform the analysis, then send the resulting platform the relaunch message.  Finally, close the platform you previously launched.  This will leave you with the pre-populated launch dialog.

You mention Table -> Update specifically, and unfortunately, this method does not work for that utility.  Table operations are not platforms, and I do not know of a way to launch the dialog via JSL.  In this situation, I would copy the JSL and adjust the code itself to try different scenarios.