cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
js1985
Level II

Tips to improve control chart visualization

Hello,

I created several control charts out of a JMP data table and saved everything as a report, I would like to do the following:

• how can I modify the script in order to get plotted only the last 30 datapoints from the data table?
  • how can I modify the script in order to set the correct size of the chart? Right now every time I open it the graph is compressed on the left side

Thanks for your support!

11 REPLIES 11
js1985
Level II

Re: Tips to improve control chart visualization

Thanks a lot, now the script is working as expected in terms of axis settings.

I think the last step I need is the following:

normally we have the datatable embedded in a JMP report, so adding a new data line on the data the chart is updated automatically with the new value, I noticed that the "last 30 datapoints" is not rolling in the way 1 new value, 1 old value less but day by day the number of plotted point is increasing by 1.

There's something I can do?

txnelson
Super User

Re: Tips to improve control chart visualization

You will need to add code to Hide and Exclude the first data point on the chart....If you rerun the script that does the Hide and Exclude, it will use the new dt << N Rows() calculation based upon the increased number of rows.
Jim