cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dukowitz62
Level II

Time Series Forecast - Nothing Happens

In attempting to use Time Series Forecast, after Run, when selecting “Save Results”;  then in the next window checking box with “Save Forecast Results to Original Data Table” results in no columns.  Nothing happens.

Why are no columns appearing?  Do others experience this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dukowitz62
Level II

Re: Time Series Forecast - Nothing Happens

Because we were attempting to forecast for each customer, each with data for each month, it was just not possible to do a time series forecast. We adjusted our approach and were able to successfully get a time series forecast by aggregating individual customers into customer categories by month so that there were unique dates for each customer category.   This also solved the problem posed in my previous post: 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Time-Series-Forecasting-Per-Account/m-p/411684

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
peng_liu
Staff

I cannot think of any possible reason. A wild guess is that there are no forecasts. But I still cannot replicate any such case. Please contact JMP Tech Support support@jmp.com

Dukowitz62
Level II

Because we were attempting to forecast for each customer, each with data for each month, it was just not possible to do a time series forecast. We adjusted our approach and were able to successfully get a time series forecast by aggregating individual customers into customer categories by month so that there were unique dates for each customer category.   This also solved the problem posed in my previous post: 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Time-Series-Forecasting-Per-Account/m-p/411684

peng_liu
Staff

Glad that things work out for you, though I still cannot imagine the hurdles that you have while forecasting individual customers.
Use the JMP sample data M3C Quarterly data as an example, think each series is a customer's data. Every series have their own timestamps. Sounds like a similar situation.
Anyway, if forecasting individual customers becomes necessary in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support.