cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMR
DMR
Level V

Ternary Plot - Number of Contours

Hi - I'm trying to change the number of contours shown for a response surface that's being displayed on a ternary plot.  The example in the JMP Scripting Index has just five, but I want more than this.  Simply increasing the number of values in the << Contour Value([n1, n2, n3, n4, n5]) property doesn't appear to work (where n1, n2, n3, n4 and n5 are the five values of the response surface for which I want contours), and I can't see any other property that I might need to amend to tell the Ternary Plot platform to expect more.  Am I missing something obvious here?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Ternary Plot - Number of Contours

Have you tried Graph Builder?

10267_Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 9.59.44 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
louv
Staff (Retired)

Have you tried Graph Builder?

10267_Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 9.59.44 PM.png

DMR
DMR
Level V

Hi Lou,

Unfortunately it's the Ternary Plot I need to use; however I've just reproduced your chart above, and the Graph Builder does provide a clue - but not  the answer.  If I load the Donev Mixture data from the Design of Experiments section of the Sample Data, then remove all the terms involving :Wavelength from the model , fit it, and then save the prediction formula for :Damping back to the data table, I can compare the Graph Builder and the Ternary Plot functions directly by

Graph Builder(

Variables( X( :CuSO4 ), Y( :Na2S2O3 , Color( : Pred Formula Damping ) ),

Elements( Contour( X, Y, Number of Levels( 10 ) ) )

);

Ternary Plot(

Y( :CuSO4 ), :Na2S2O3, :Glyoxal ),

Contour Formula( : Pred Formula Damping ),

Contour Fill( "Fill Above" ),

Contour Value( [1, 3, 5, 7, 9] )

);

It looks as though I need to use that "Number of Levels( 10 )" parameter from the Graph Builder (or some variant of it) within the Ternary Plot, and then change the actual levels as defined in "Contour Value" to match.  I just can't hit the right combination, that's all.

Many thanks!

[NB: if you copy the above script, remember to remove the spaces between the ":" and "Pred Formula Damping" before running it.  If I try typing it in correctly, that combination produces an emoticon that I don't know how to switch off.]

louv
Staff (Retired)

The Mixture Profiler is worth a look as well. The number of contour lines is editable.

10280_Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 9.42.41 AM.png