Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
anne_sa
Level VI

Tabulate question

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding the Tabulate report. 

Here is an example using the Big Class data table.

anne_sa_0-1637232256950.png

What I would like to display is only the mean value for height and only the maximum value for weight. I know it is feasible when the variables are in columns but I didn't manage to do it when they are in rows. Maybe there is a drag and drop trick to do it...

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: Tabulate question

Attached is the Big Class data with an additional script titled "Will this work?" which I think is what you are asking for.  Instead of dragging height and weight into the rows part of the dialog, I only put sex as rows and age as columns.  Then select height and mean and drag that into the table (use control to select both weight and the mean, then release control and drag the combo into the table).  Then select weight and max and drag that into the body of the table.  You'll get both means and max for both weight and height, but I think it is arrayed the way you want.

anne_sa
Level VI

Thanks for your answer @dale_lehman 

However my main formatting issue is that I would like to have the mean of height and not the max, and the max of weight but not the mean. But maybe it's not feasible?

dale_lehman
Level VII

You can make the tabulation into a data table and then remove the unwanted columns.  Quite likely, someone can give you a scripted solution that will make it into a data table and remove the unwanted columns at the same time.  But I don't know of a way to create the tabulation without getting the mean and max for both weight and height - if you want them broken down by sex and age.

ian_jmp
Staff

Not sure if this is what you are after:

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 11.02.54.png

If so, you can do this via 'drag and drop' by having two row tables.

anne_sa
Level VI

Hi @ian_jmp ,

That's pretty closed indeed thanks for your suggestion!

Actually the "exact" template I had in mind was something like that:

anne_sa_0-1637593979481.png

But maybe I have to put it on the JMP Wish List (since Christmas is coming