cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hogi
Level XI

Table / Update - source script collision

When I update a table via Table/Update (or via Table /Join with the option "update main table ..." enabled) . the JSL code of the Update (or Join) function is saved as Source Script to the main table.

In principle, this could be a cool feature - but unfortunately, this feature overwrites an existing source script without warning.

Is there an option to force Jmp to automatically rename such auto-added Source Scripts, e.g. like columns to add " 2" , " 3" etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hogi
Level XI

Re: Table / Update (Join) - source script collision

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Hi @hogi ,

It might be good to add this to the JMP Wish List pages. After testing with a data table of my own, I can confirm that the new Joined data table "deletes" the Source scripts from the original data tables and the remaining Source script is only from the Join function. It seems that an automatic rename should be doable for pre-existing scripts. I did notice that in the Join/Split platforms, you can save the script to perform those actions to the original main data table, but there's no option in preserving original scripts once the table has been Joined or Split.

Thanks for notifying the community, I hadn't ever noticed that before, but will be more aware of that in the future.

DS

hogi
Level XI

I added a wish for this topic:

Update & Concatenate: source script collision