cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
itaish
Level I

How do I get side by side boxplots with two Y axis?

Hey,

I am trying to get side-by-side Boxplots in the graph builder using a dual Y-axis with different scales. I managed to create the two axis and create the plots, but they overlay each other. I would like them to be next to each other. I am using jmp 16.

Would appreciate any help given,

Itai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I get side by side boxplots with two Y axis?

Welcome to the Community.

Here is how I have been able to solve your issue.

txnelson_0-1673952363424.png

The answer lies in being able to have a column that can be used as an overlay column, which will separate displays of the Height and Weight values.  In your example, it would be separating the 12 and 13 columns.  To accomplish this, I duplicated all of the rows in my data table, separating the Height and Weight values onto one copy of the rows and then added a new column called "Column" that indicated which rows had the Height values present and which had the Weight values present.

txnelson_1-1673953179167.png

Then it just became a simple matter of dragging the Height and Weight values to the Y axis, Right clicking on the Y axis and selecting "Move Right" to move the Weight axis to the right hand side.  Then dragging the X column to the X axis, and the new column called "Column" to the Overlay drop area.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Welcome to the Community.

Here is how I have been able to solve your issue.

txnelson_0-1673952363424.png

The answer lies in being able to have a column that can be used as an overlay column, which will separate displays of the Height and Weight values.  In your example, it would be separating the 12 and 13 columns.  To accomplish this, I duplicated all of the rows in my data table, separating the Height and Weight values onto one copy of the rows and then added a new column called "Column" that indicated which rows had the Height values present and which had the Weight values present.

txnelson_1-1673953179167.png

Then it just became a simple matter of dragging the Height and Weight values to the Y axis, Right clicking on the Y axis and selecting "Move Right" to move the Weight axis to the right hand side.  Then dragging the X column to the X axis, and the new column called "Column" to the Overlay drop area.

Jim
itaish
Level I

Thank you very much!

This is exactly what I wanted. I appreciate your help