cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Pops
Level I

TOST Acceptance criteria and Sample Size

Hello,

I'm analyzing historical data and need to find meaningful equivalence acceptance criteria between groups and calculate sample size for a new experiments. How can I set Practically equivalence acceptance criteria and I'm using the DOE Sample Size and Power calculator K means. Which prospective means should I enter.

Thank You

11 REPLIES 11
elu
elu
Level I

Re: TOST Acceptance criteria and Sample Size

I totally got the question that was asked - to compare historical data with new data for equivalence test. I believe the recommended method through DOE route was somewhat not clear at least to my knowledge. I have asked the similar question also.... We have to use TOST for 2 populations and we would like to have a graphical presentation for regular audience. JMP may not have an easy way to do that?

Re: TOST Acceptance criteria and Sample Size

Select Analyze > Fit Y by X. Enter the measurement in the Y role and the grouiping indicator in the X role. Click OK. Click the red triangle and select Equivalence Test. Enter the practical difference and click OK. This result appears:

Capture.PNG

See Help > Books > Basic Analysis for more details and examples.