cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Standardized residuals in two-way tables

I should compute the standardized residuals for two-way (as well as multiway) tables - option CROSSLIST(STDRES) of PROC FREQ in SAS, if this helps. I didn't find any options, nor a suitable script. Any suggestion? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Standardized residuals in two-way tables

I fixed one problem and created another. My previous change accommodated cases where the data was pre-summarized and the count for each response-factor cell was available. Unfortunately, the script no longer accommodated the original case without pre-summarization. I fixed that with this latest version.

BTW, the not adjusted residual is just the square root of the cell Chi square.

Re: Standardized residuals in two-way tables

Thank you for the new version.

It's true what you say: the not adjusted residual is the square root of the cell Chi square, but still you should export the table to Excel to perform the easy calculations. Actually this is what I used to do before: with your script it's much faster.

If you want to check one more possible improvement, note that the script does not show the std residuals when either variable contains missing values. I mean: the table with the frequencies is displayed correctly (e.g. without missing values), but the residuals are not displayed at all. I tried to pre-filter the data table in order to avoid any missing values, but it didn't solve the issue.