cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tatarjj
Level I

Simultaneously change column width of all selected columns in JMP 14?

Hello all,

Our IT recently pushed JMP 14 onto us.

In JMP 13, with multiple columns selected, if you adjust the width of one column, all selected columns to the right of the one you adjusted change width to match.  This is an extremely useful feature when you have to adjust 30 column widths on multiple files every day!!!

In JMP 14, with multiple columns selected, if you adjust the width of one column, only the width of the column you have selected changes.

The multiple column width adjustment feature from JMP 13 was so vital to me that I uninstalled JMP 14 so that I could revert back to JMP 13. However, IT claims they will delete JMP 13 in a few months from "our" computers.  Also, I'm sure there's things that JMP 14 adds that I would like.  So, is there a way to bring the old behavior of multiple column width adjustment back to JMP 14 so that I can reinstall and use it?  Maybe it was just hidden behind a keypress like CTRL or ALT (I tried, and holding CTRL didn't do it)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Simultaneously change column width of all selected columns in JMP 14?

With JMP 14.3 on a Mac, holding the 'Alt' key does it.

View solution in original post

Thanks Ian.  Works the same for Windows.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ian_jmp
Staff

With JMP 14.3 on a Mac, holding the 'Alt' key does it.

tatarjj
Level I

Thank you so much!  That works!

Thanks Ian.  Works the same for Windows.