cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Prometheus
Level II

Simple filter question

I am trying to do a simple filter and save it to my table so I have the script for later use. 
Basically I want my table to only show rows for a specific water meter, and then change the filter to show the rows only for another water meter. 
This is because I know that one has more rows in the dataset than the others have... I also know through analysis in powerbi, that the scew is because one meter is logging data every hour and the rest is logging every 4 hour. 
By filtering I want to assume I did not know that this was the issue, and I can only see that there more observations for one meter than the others. 

I have tried subsetting and tried to add filters, but everything is stille showing. The ones that I have not clicked should be hiding, but I have not figured out how to get it to do that.

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Simple filter question

Where do you have your data filter? You can have local data filters in reports or global data filter like here in data table (see different Select, Show, Include options and Inverse)

jthi_0-1695221302148.png

You can also change the filter display to list for example and you can easily see that specific values have more values than other

jthi_1-1695221340123.png

-Jarmo
Prometheus
Level II

Thanks for you help. 
When you do the filtering, all your rows are still there I see. They are just marked. I still need to scroll up and down to try to look at the values for two different meters.

I would like to show a table with only one thing (meter name), and then look at a another table with only that other meter so I can compare their actual column values side by side.

I have the same wish for negative water flow values - I would like to filter a list/table with only the meters that has a flow value less than 0. - I could see I had negative value in a chart, so now I would like a list of only those meters.

jthi
Super User