cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nikol96
Level I

Significant Figures

Is there a way to change the default significant figures? I want my means to always be whole numbers and %CV to have 1 sig fig.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Significant Figures

You can select a data column, then select Cols > Column Info. Change the data format attribute to suit your purpose. It should be respected in reports and plots.

If you are talking about the reported means and %CV results, then double-click on a column of results in a report and change the format.

andersonmj2
Level IV

Mark - quick follow up ... how about in the Caption Box of Graph Builder? That seems to have its own standard and ignores the column setting?

I think that you are correct. I just searched and I could not find a way to modify the format of the caption box. Perhaps someone else here knows of a way.

You could instead add your own text by right-clicking in the plot frame, select Customize, and add a new graphics script. All you really need is a Text() function in this case. You can draw any text you like anywhere you like. You can look it up in the Help > Scripting Index.

You might want to add this request to the Wish List in the JMP Community. If it is already there after a search, then add your vote for it.

andersonmj2
Level IV

Good idea Mark - I am not overly concerned, and tend to left-align which helps out quite a bit. But I added a Wish List item in case others have concerns.