cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nikol96
Level I

Significant Figures

Is there a way to change the default significant figures? I want my means to always be whole numbers and %CV to have 1 sig fig.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Significant Figures

You can select a data column, then select Cols > Column Info. Change the data format attribute to suit your purpose. It should be respected in reports and plots.

If you are talking about the reported means and %CV results, then double-click on a column of results in a report and change the format.

andersonmj2
Level IV

Mark - quick follow up ... how about in the Caption Box of Graph Builder? That seems to have its own standard and ignores the column setting?

I think that you are correct. I just searched and I could not find a way to modify the format of the caption box. Perhaps someone else here knows of a way.

You could instead add your own text by right-clicking in the plot frame, select Customize, and add a new graphics script. All you really need is a Text() function in this case. You can draw any text you like anywhere you like. You can look it up in the Help > Scripting Index.

You might want to add this request to the Wish List in the JMP Community. If it is already there after a search, then add your vote for it.

andersonmj2
Level IV

Good idea Mark - I am not overly concerned, and tend to left-align which helps out quite a bit. But I added a Wish List item in case others have concerns.