cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tarkan_bih
Level III

Sigma Plot of smoother curves

Hi,

I want a sigma plot of smoother curves at a time value of 2300 for the upper curves (circled in red, It looks like I have a bi-modal distribution so I just want to focus on the biomodal distrubtion that has more data points). I have no voltage measurements at the circled points (values are between 2.9 and 3.0V). Is there a way to get a sigma plot of these smoother plots at a time of 2300?

smoother_curves.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Sigma Plot of smoother curves

Why don't you just reverse X and Y in your smoothing splines so don't have to use a solver?  That way you should be able to get the predicted values in the same manner I outlined.

-- Cameron Willden
tarkan_bih
Level III

Re: Sigma Plot of smoother curves

I have tried that but the fit I want is a reciprocal fit which is giving me a bad fit. This is the main reason why I want to use time vs voltage. Additionally, when running the experiement the voltage was set and teh time was measured. So the voltage measurements are discrete. I agree if I could have a voltage vs time fit (bottom graph) it would make my analysis easier. Maybe the fit I am using is wrong when I do a voltage vs time..

time_vs_voltagetime_vs_voltagevoltage_vs_timevoltage_vs_time