cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LimVitamed
Level I

Shelf life prediction

Hey everyone, 

There is any way to estimate the shelf life of a pharmaceutical product based on historical data of other batches by giving only one result? 

The goal is to predict, based on the primary result, if a product will survive until its expiry date.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Shelf life prediction

"There is any way to estimate the shelf life of a pharmaceutical product based on historical data of other batches"

- Yes, you can use the degradation platform to perform stability analysis  (JMP applies ICH guidelines in the estimation).  You'll find it under the menu option Analyze>REliability and Survival.

" by giving only one result? "

- What do you mean by this?

-Dave
LimVitamed
Level I

Re: Shelf life prediction

Thank you for your help. Can I use Historical data of batches that have reached the end of their shelves-life in order to estimate whether a certain batch will reach the end of its shelve life? and if there's any way to change the calculated weight of each batch based on its stability stage? Lim.
JPTPHARMA
Level I

Re: Shelf life

we want to self life excel sheet 

txnelson
Super User

JMP can open Excel spreadsheets directly.  Just go to 

File==>Open

If your spreadsheet is not just in a simple row and column structure, you can specify to use the Excel Wizard to input the spreadsheet.  Just Navigate to the spreadsheet file, select the file of interest, and then using the dropdown arrow on the "Open" button, select "Use Excel Wizard"

wizard.PNG

Once the table is open, you can rn your stability analysis.

Jim