cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vjalvim
Level I

Share Add-In menu with other users

Hello,

I created an Add-In menu and commands to run some scripts.

I shared this scripts at the network and install in a computer using my username / password.

But, when another user log in the computer and try to access the Add-In, it doesn't appear to the another user.

How can I solve this, I mean, how can I share this Add-In with another user accounts in the same computer.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Share Add-In menu with other users

Place the .jmpaddin file in a location that the other user can reach, then ask them to use 'File > Open' with this file. It should prompt to confirm the install should proceed.

View solution in original post

ian_jmp
Staff

Yes. It will be available unless you 'unregister' it via 'View > Add-Ins...'.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ian_jmp
Staff

One of the nice things about a JMP add-in is that it bundles everything into one file. If you put that file into a shared location, then anyone who can access that location can install it into their own JMP instance. No passwords are required, unless you built that requirement into the add-in itself.

I haven't tried it, but I assume that having multiple user accounts on the same machine should not be an issue. What errors do they see?

vjalvim
Level I

The Add-In that I installed using my credentials is not available when another user access JMP with his credentials.
The menu Add-In don't appear.
ian_jmp
Staff

Place the .jmpaddin file in a location that the other user can reach, then ask them to use 'File > Open' with this file. It should prompt to confirm the install should proceed.

vjalvim
Level I

Ok, thanks. I did this and works. Only one last question: I suppose that each user needs to do this action.
But, it is necessary only one time?
ian_jmp
Staff

Yes. It will be available unless you 'unregister' it via 'View > Add-Ins...'.

rshehadah
Level I

Hi, I have a question.

How can the person going to use the add in just add all the scripts at once rather than uploading each add in?

ian_jmp
Staff

I went to 'Help > Scripting Index', and searched on 'addin':

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.54.19.png

It looks like (with a loop of some kind) 'Register AddIn()' would allow you to load add-ins programatically. So you could, for instance, have code in jmpStart.jsl that scans a location and manages add-ins (installs, updates, deletes) for each user.