cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vjalvim
Level I

Share Add-In menu with other users

Hello,

I created an Add-In menu and commands to run some scripts.

I shared this scripts at the network and install in a computer using my username / password.

But, when another user log in the computer and try to access the Add-In, it doesn't appear to the another user.

How can I solve this, I mean, how can I share this Add-In with another user accounts in the same computer.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Share Add-In menu with other users

Place the .jmpaddin file in a location that the other user can reach, then ask them to use 'File > Open' with this file. It should prompt to confirm the install should proceed.

View solution in original post

ian_jmp
Staff

Yes. It will be available unless you 'unregister' it via 'View > Add-Ins...'.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ian_jmp
Staff

One of the nice things about a JMP add-in is that it bundles everything into one file. If you put that file into a shared location, then anyone who can access that location can install it into their own JMP instance. No passwords are required, unless you built that requirement into the add-in itself.

I haven't tried it, but I assume that having multiple user accounts on the same machine should not be an issue. What errors do they see?

vjalvim
Level I

The Add-In that I installed using my credentials is not available when another user access JMP with his credentials.
The menu Add-In don't appear.
ian_jmp
Staff

Place the .jmpaddin file in a location that the other user can reach, then ask them to use 'File > Open' with this file. It should prompt to confirm the install should proceed.

vjalvim
Level I

Ok, thanks. I did this and works. Only one last question: I suppose that each user needs to do this action.
But, it is necessary only one time?
ian_jmp
Staff

Yes. It will be available unless you 'unregister' it via 'View > Add-Ins...'.

rshehadah
Level I

Hi, I have a question.

How can the person going to use the add in just add all the scripts at once rather than uploading each add in?

ian_jmp
Staff

I went to 'Help > Scripting Index', and searched on 'addin':

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.54.19.png

It looks like (with a loop of some kind) 'Register AddIn()' would allow you to load add-ins programatically. So you could, for instance, have code in jmpStart.jsl that scans a location and manages add-ins (installs, updates, deletes) for each user.