cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ThomasZatValcon
Level III

Setting link ID in jsl seems not to work - what is wrong?

I am trying to set a link ID in JSL, but when setting it in JSL, the link ID seems to be set in the table like it should, but the link reference in the other table that is supposed to reference it does not work.

If I remove the link ID and set it by right clicking on the link ID, everything works fine.

I use this:

dfps:name( "Country" ) << Set Property( "Link ID", 1 );

Can't see what is wrong with this. Am I missing some refresh operation to make it work? Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Setting link ID in jsl seems not to work - what is wrong?

Thanks for sharing these comments and insights.  It has been encouraged many times to save the tables before creating these link id and link references for tables, to make sure it saves properly. However, we did have a defect reported on this, and it was fixed during the 17.0 JMP cycle. So this scripting behavior no longer fails.  

Instal the new JMP 17.0 and this behavior should be more improved.  Thanks.

Robbb
Level III

Thanks Mandy,

sometimes you don't want things saved.

But thanks for pointing out that this issue is fixed in JMP 17. I'm on 16.2. It is not always easy to update to a newer software version in a larger company, but now I know it would be worth the effort.

As Craige mentions, I believe it is a "save" issue. I've had this problem before, and frustratingly, I had it only on PC. On the Mac, I did not need to perform the save.

Ensuring my table was saved first, fixed the problem.

Brady