cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jpollock
Level II

Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

Hi fellow JMP users. 

In Minitab when I wanted to set the Control limits for an SPC chart based on the first "x" amount data points (e.g. 10) I could do this very easily using the 'stage' feature. Any future data points over and above the initial stage would retain these control limits.

Being relatively new to JMP I was curious how setting the control limits based on the first "x" amount of data points is best achieved. 

Can anyone advise?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.  I suggest starting with the Excluded Row State method.  It is the 4th method detailed in this blog post.

4 ways to use fixed/baseline (historical) control limits in Control Chart Builde... - JMP User Commu...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.  I suggest starting with the Excluded Row State method.  It is the 4th method detailed in this blog post.

4 ways to use fixed/baseline (historical) control limits in Control Chart Builde... - JMP User Commu...