cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jpollock
Level II

Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

Hi fellow JMP users. 

In Minitab when I wanted to set the Control limits for an SPC chart based on the first "x" amount data points (e.g. 10) I could do this very easily using the 'stage' feature. Any future data points over and above the initial stage would retain these control limits.

Being relatively new to JMP I was curious how setting the control limits based on the first "x" amount of data points is best achieved. 

Can anyone advise?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.  I suggest starting with the Excluded Row State method.  It is the 4th method detailed in this blog post.

4 ways to use fixed/baseline (historical) control limits in Control Chart Builde... - JMP User Commu...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Setting SPC control limits based on an initial set amount of data points in JMP?

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.  I suggest starting with the Excluded Row State method.  It is the 4th method detailed in this blog post.

4 ways to use fixed/baseline (historical) control limits in Control Chart Builde... - JMP User Commu...