cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Setting Control limits manually for Level Jennings chart

Presently trying to manually set the control limits in Levey Jennings control chart since my data has a natural limit of LCL = 0. Can you please suggest how can I do it in JMP Pro 12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Setting Control limits manually for Level Jennings chart

right mouse click on the column of interest and select

Column Properties==>Control Limits

Then select Levey Jennings

and then set your LCL

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

right mouse click on the column of interest and select

Column Properties==>Control Limits

Then select Levey Jennings

and then set your LCL

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the solution

I have selected the CL, LCL and UCL columns and put in the following information as you have mentioned above

CL = 28907525.70

LCL = 0

UCL = 3648261306.71

But when I am clicking on Analyze<Quality and Process<Control Chart<Levey Jennings Control chart it is not taking my set limits. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong?

txnelson
Super User

Is it possible that you set the UCL and LCL for XBar, or C Chart, etc. rather than for the Levey Jennings?  I used the Semiconductor Capability data table from the Sample data tables, and set the Levey Jennings LCL to 0 and the UCL to 120 and then ran the Control Chart platform for Levey Jennings, and got the following results:

12734_pastedImage_0.png

Jim
emdwright
Level II

What if your limits keep changing and climbing with each point?  An example could be rheometer data; hydration vs. time.  I need to set my limits using a column of data for both upper and lower.  thanks!

You can use a phase variable and a limits data table.  Details can be found in the following blog post.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/4-ways-to-use-fixed-baseline-historical-control-limits-in/b...

emdwright
Level II

Thank you Tonya, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I am excited to circle back soon and try it!