cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Script Question

The following is part of a script I am trying to run. I want to divide my X variable before plotting. I have tried several things, but am not getting it right. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Graph Builder(
Variables(
X( :Line 160 Cases ),
Y( :Line 160 Broke ),
Wrap( :Month ),
Color( :Month )
),
Points( X, Y, Legend( 27 ) ),
Line Of Fit( X, Y, Legend( 29 ), Confidence of Fit( 0 ), Equation( 1 ) )
),
Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jerry_cooper
Staff (Retired)

Re: Script Question

Sorry, you need another closed parentheses in the X variable line (I neglected to put it there in the code that I pasted):

X(  Transform Column( "My X/1000", Formula( :Line 160 Cases / 1000 ) ) ),

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

I do not understand what you are saying when you say that you want to divide your X variable?  Group it in the graph, divide it by some number, split the data into separate subsets?????

Jim
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Jim,  I want to divide each X value by 1000 before plotting.  I don't want to create another column and the current X column is being used in formulas for other columns already, so I don't want to have to edit all those formulas.

Thankls!

Steve
jerry_cooper
Staff (Retired)

Try this:

Graph Builder( 
     Variables(
           X(  Transform Column( "My X/1000", Formula( :Line 160 Cases / 1000 ) ),
           Y( :Line 160 Broke ),
           Wrap( :Month ),
           Color( :Month )
     ),
     Points( X, Y, Legend( 27 ) ),
     Line Of Fit( X, Y, Legend( 29 ), Confidence of Fit( 0 ), Equation( 1 ) )
);
Steven_Moore
Level VI

No luck:  I get an error message:  Unexpected end of input.  Perhaps there is a missing "," or ")".  Trying to parse arguments of function "Graph Builder".  Line 21 Column2:)

I typed the code exactly as you have it.  I even copied and pasted, but no luck.

Steve
jerry_cooper
Staff (Retired)

Sorry, you need another closed parentheses in the X variable line (I neglected to put it there in the code that I pasted):

X(  Transform Column( "My X/1000", Formula( :Line 160 Cases / 1000 ) ) ),

Steven_Moore
Level VI

Bingo!!!!  That got it.  Thanks for your help!

Steve