cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Scatterplot Matrix with Points Jittered not working in JMPPRO 13

I use the scatter plot matrix to illustrate the coverage of the runs to the various factor level combinations as an experimental design is evaluated. Since I uploaded version 13, I am unable to get the points to jitter. I checked the Points Jittered option within Preferences/Platforms/Scatterplot Matrix and the problem persists. Has anyone noticed this issue and is there a way to rectify the situation?

Rob Lievense
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Scatterplot Matrix with Points Jittered not working in JMPPRO 13

I changed data type from continuous to ordinal for the purposes of jittering the scatterplot matrix.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.12.21 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
louv
Staff (Retired)

I changed data type from continuous to ordinal for the purposes of jittering the scatterplot matrix.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.12.21 AM.png

Thanks for the answer Lou! Such a simple way to get it to work; I should have thought to try it first. This will work out well for helping out team to understand the coverage of runs for varous design plans. I appreciate such a quick response.

Rob

Rob Lievense
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

This reminds me of a separate issue, which I will write here before I forget.  It should be a separate question, but I haven't looked to see if it still occurs on v13.  Graph Builder with a scatterplot (Y continuous, X ordinal or nominal)., points jittered.  Superimpose a box plot.  The outliers associated with a box plot recieve jitter values different to the underlying data.  The result is that a single data value is drawn twice (same Y value but different X values).  The workaround is to de-select the litter checkbox, but it really can act as a source of confusion.  Like I said, not checked it on v13 yet.

-Dave

Another approach would be to turn off the display of outliers for the Box Plot element.  You can then choose to jitter or not using the points element.

Thank you for the hint.

Rob

Rob Lievense

Thanks for the info. I had not thought of using Graph Builder. I would expect that one might want to do this as a graph matrix so we can see the combination of all inputs.

Rob Lievense