Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Cristianp
Level I

Saving figures as EPS messes up intervals

Hi everyone

I am trying to put some graphs and figures from JMP into my Latex so I'm using EPS to keep the transparency & scalability without losing image quality. Latex doesn't accept EMF to my knowledge. Unfortunately my JMP (version 15.1.0) seems to output any type of intervals as a solid color instead of a corresponding area that is somewhat transparent when using EPS file format. Here is a screenshot.

To save my figure I'm simply using the selection tool on the wanted figure and then saving selection as EPF.

I'm rather new to actually using JMP so it might just be me doing something wrong. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and also know how to solve this?

Thanks a bunch already!

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Saving figures as EPS messes up intervals

Hi,
EPS is a rather antiquated format that tends to produce odd results with complex graphics produced outside dedicated software like Adobe Illustrator. Hence, I would recommend saving / copy- pasting the results of your analyses as Enhanced Metafile (EMF) which tends to scale nicely and preserve the all features of the graphs. Of note, I have found that the basic EMF works best compared to Windows Metafile format. I hope it works for you.
Let us know if you still experience issues.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Cristianp
Level I

Hi Thierry
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, this only partially solves my problem. EMF does indeed keep all the graph features, but this file format is not supported by Latex. I've tried using EMF and then, for example, converting it to PNG but this loses the transparency which makes it look very bad in my article.

I've found that saving as PDF also seems to work, but this creates a very big mess with the margins and extra white space with most page sizes.
Craige_Hales
Super User

JMP can save as SVG, and this suggests Latex should be able to read SVG.

Craige