Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jearls11
Level III

Creating a delta column

Hi folks,

I am trying to create a delta column.

the difference is between mean(normalised) - mean(normalised of the "MATCHED" product)

I tried the lag function but this doesnt work as no date.

Would I have to create a new column "Matched_Value" and set all row values to the Same as the MATCHED value

then create my delta = Mean(no...) - Matched...

jearls11_0-1619710978314.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Creating a delta column

This formula is an easy way to do what you want

If( Row() == 1,
	matched = :"Mean(Normalised)"n[(Current Data Table() << get rows where( :PRODUCT == "MATCHED" ))[1]]
);
:"Mean(Normalised)"n - matched;

matched.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

jthi
Super User

You won't have to create such a column, but it is quite easy way to solve this.

You could create formula which would use for example Loc() to get the index of MATCHED PRODUCT and then use that to get value from Mean(Normalized) column. For example something like this:

:Name("Mean(Normalised)") - :Name("Mean(Normalised)")[Loc(:PRODUCT << get values, "MATCHED")[1]]

I suggest you take a look in the formula menu and see what subexpressions return or break the example into multiple formulas to understand properly what it does (and for example why there is [1] after Loc).

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

This formula is an easy way to do what you want

If( Row() == 1,
	matched = :"Mean(Normalised)"n[(Current Data Table() << get rows where( :PRODUCT == "MATCHED" ))[1]]
);
:"Mean(Normalised)"n - matched;

matched.PNG

Jim
jthi
Super User

You won't have to create such a column, but it is quite easy way to solve this.

You could create formula which would use for example Loc() to get the index of MATCHED PRODUCT and then use that to get value from Mean(Normalized) column. For example something like this:

:Name("Mean(Normalised)") - :Name("Mean(Normalised)")[Loc(:PRODUCT << get values, "MATCHED")[1]]

I suggest you take a look in the formula menu and see what subexpressions return or break the example into multiple formulas to understand properly what it does (and for example why there is [1] after Loc).

-Jarmo
jearls11
Level III

Thank you guys for both formulas