cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DRemd
Level I

Save file to network

I'm working on a project that will take some data and export a csv file. I got it to save successfully to the local drive but I was wondering if there is a way to have it save to a different network drive, and what I would need to do this.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Save file to network

Under windows or mac?
Jim
DRemd
Level I

I'm using windows

Craige_Hales
Super User

On windows you can map a drive letter to a network drive and use the drive letter to access files, or you can specify the UNC name for the file. The advantage of a drive letter, aside from being shorter, might be that it makes your JSL less dependent on a network share that might get renamed. The advantage of the UNC name is that it makes your JSL less dependent on a drive letter that might not be mapped on another machine.

Right-click the network name and pick Map Network Drive...Right-click the network name and pick Map Network Drive...

So, open("F:\abc.jmp") and open("\\VBOXSVR\windowshare\abc.jmp") are the same file.

As Jim suggests, Mac is different. I can't help there.

Craige