cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DRemd
Level I

Save file to network

I'm working on a project that will take some data and export a csv file. I got it to save successfully to the local drive but I was wondering if there is a way to have it save to a different network drive, and what I would need to do this.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Save file to network

Under windows or mac?
Jim
DRemd
Level I

I'm using windows

Craige_Hales
Super User

On windows you can map a drive letter to a network drive and use the drive letter to access files, or you can specify the UNC name for the file. The advantage of a drive letter, aside from being shorter, might be that it makes your JSL less dependent on a network share that might get renamed. The advantage of the UNC name is that it makes your JSL less dependent on a drive letter that might not be mapped on another machine.

Right-click the network name and pick Map Network Drive...Right-click the network name and pick Map Network Drive...

So, open("F:\abc.jmp") and open("\\VBOXSVR\windowshare\abc.jmp") are the same file.

As Jim suggests, Mac is different. I can't help there.

Craige