cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bzanos
Level III

Save File with Fil Name and date/month/year and time

Hi, everyone, i am trying to save file with file name date/month/year and time. Below is my code. But it cannot save the file. I do not see the file in the directory.  I see this error "Cannot expand path expression: $TEMP-big class_09-06-2021 2-02-16 PM.jmp". Anything wrong with my code? How to fix it?

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/big class.jmp" );
dt << Save( "$TEMP/" || Char( dt << get name )||"_"||MDYHMS( Today() )||".jmp" );
dt << Save ( "$TEMP/" || Char( dt << get name )||"_"||Format Date( Today(), "ddmonyyyy h:m" )||".jmp" );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pauldeen
Level VI

Re: Save File with Fil Name and date/month/year and time

It seems like your local date format uses / as the seperator and that is not allowed in file names. Throw in a substitute to replace "/" with "-".

regex(format(timestamp,"yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss"),"[-:]",".",GLOBALREPLACE)

timestamp can be today()

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Not sure what that error message means, but I would suggest printing the possible paths you are trying to save to and check if there are some forbidden character you are trying use as the file name:

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/big class.jmp"); path1 = "$TEMP/" || Char( dt << get name )||"_"||MDYHMS( Today() )||".jmp"; path2 = "$TEMP/" || Char(dt << get name) || "_" || Format Date(Today(), "ddmonyyyy h:m") || ".jmp"; Show(path1, path2);

For windows:

jthi_0-1630910170421.png

-Jarmo
pauldeen
Level VI

It seems like your local date format uses / as the seperator and that is not allowed in file names. Throw in a substitute to replace "/" with "-".

regex(format(timestamp,"yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss"),"[-:]",".",GLOBALREPLACE)

timestamp can be today()

bzanos
Level III

thank you.