cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Sebastien_
Level I

Sample size explorer - Power for two independent sample equivalence - Help needed

Dear JMP community,

I would like to perform equivalence testing using TOST (comparing 2 samples). With JMP 17, I can see in the DOE section that we can perform some Power calculation with a power explorer. I assume that the appropriate power explorer before performing a TOST would be the “Power Explorer for Two Independent Sample Equivalence”.

I am trying to get it to work but I am a bit struggling. I am filling up the margins by calculating the Tolerance Intervals from the pooled values (samples 1 and 2). Is that correct?

I report the std dev from the individual samples.

My sample sizes for sample 1 and 2 are locked.

I am a bit unsure about what value to put in the difference to detect.  

Thanks for you help!

Best,

Sébastien

I am using JMP v.17. @MarijaLind @spyros_megalou 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sample size explorer - Power for two independent sample equivalence - Help needed

Unlike hypothesis tests for a significant difference, the tests for significant similarity require to you specify what is practically the same. The difference to detect is the smallest one you would consider practically different. A smaller difference would be judged to be practically equivalent. For example, if you consider two populations practically equivalent if they are within +/-2, enter 2.