cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ben1050
Level II

.SWF export not available

I'd like to export my prediction profiler (two untransformed continuous responses) as .SWF by clicking on the red triangle of the prediction profiler. Unfortunately I can't find any appropriate option, nothing is shown greyed. Do you have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: .SWF export not available

Depending on which version of JMP you are using, you may want to investigate using JMP's ever expanding use of interactive HTML, rather than Flash, as a means to provide consumers of JMP report output that retains some of the point and click interactivity that is JMP's hallmark. You can use the same workflow suggested by my colleague @Byron_JMP to get the Profiler output you desire, then from the JMP main menu bar select File Save As -> Save as Type -> Interactive HTML with Data.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mwechtal
Level III

If I click on the red triangle next to Profiler, I get the option "Save for Adobe Flash Platform (SWF)..."

This is the triangle next to Profiler, not the one next to Prediction Profiler.

If you don't see it, you may not have Flash installed. 

Also worth mentioning is that maintenance of the JMP Flash profiler ended in JMP 12 with the introduction of the Interactive HTML version.  These blogs describe the enhancements made over the Flash version in 12 and 13:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Using-the-Interactive-HTML-Profiler-in-JMP-12/ba-p/30526

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Interactive-HTML-Profilers-in-3-more-platforms-in-JMP-13/ba-p/...

Byron_JMP
Staff

if you're in fit model, save the prediction formula column, then use Graph/Profiler, to profile the formula column. The SWF output option is there.  

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Depending on which version of JMP you are using, you may want to investigate using JMP's ever expanding use of interactive HTML, rather than Flash, as a means to provide consumers of JMP report output that retains some of the point and click interactivity that is JMP's hallmark. You can use the same workflow suggested by my colleague @Byron_JMP to get the Profiler output you desire, then from the JMP main menu bar select File Save As -> Save as Type -> Interactive HTML with Data.

Ben1050
Level II

The use of interactive HTML is a quite good alternative to the Flash export which I found using the hints of @Byron_JMP.

I only found the interactive HTML by selecting from the JMP main menu bar --> File --> Publish instad of File --> Save As.

If you are using JMP on a Mac, you'll find Interactive HTML under File--> Export.

From the documentation (< JMP 15): 
You can save a Profiler as a Flash file (with reduced functionality) that can be imported into presentations and Web applications. The Save for Adobe Flash Platform (SWF) command is not available for categorical responses. Some platforms create column formulas that are not supported by the Save As Flash options. The Flash Profiler only accepts the following functions: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Minus, Power, Root, Sqrt, Abs, Floor, Ceiling, Min, Max, Equal, Not Equal, Greater, Less, GreaterorEqual, LessorEqual, Or, And, Not, Exp, Log, Log10, Sine, Cosine, Tangent, SinH, CosH, TanH, ArcSine, ArcCosine, ArcTangent, ArcSineH, ArcCosH, ArcTanH, Squish, If, Match, Choose.

So if that's the case for you, that's why you do not see the option. As of JMP 15 the option is gone from the menu and you probably want to use the interactive html. 

/****NeverStopLearning****/

Additional comment from the New Features Document in JMP 15:

Creating Flash output is disabled by default. In JMP 16.0, the feature will be removed
entirely. To enable Flash output, select File > Preferences > Menu and select Adobe Flash
Export.
/****NeverStopLearning****/